COVID-19 RESOURCES & INFORMATION
The Gregg Township Board of Supervisors is committed to maintaining necessary operation of the township to provide information and services to our community. Through coordination with the Emergency Management Coordinators, the township has developed a Continuity of Operations Plan. In an effort to be proactive so that we can better provide services, protect the township employees, recover expenses incurred due to COVID-19, and communicate effectively with the community, the Board of Supervisors have signed a Declaration of Disaster Emergency. While the township office is not open for in-person appointments, the township will still be checking email and phone messages as able.
Federal & State Information:
3/30/2020 - Gov. Wolf and Sec. of Health Expand ‘Stay at Home’ Order to Carbon, Cumberland, Dauphin and Schuylkill Counties, Extend School Closures Indefinitely. Read more here.
- Governor Signs New Acts on COVID 19
- Act 9 of 2020 makes applying for unemployment compensation easier and waives the one-week waiting period.
- Act 10 of 2020 extends payment and filing deadlines for the state personal income tax and local earned income taxes until July 15. This act also provides $50 million for the purchase of medical equipment and supplies for health care facilities.
- Act 12 of 2020 reschedules the 2020 Pennsylvania primary election from April 28 to June 2 and allows counties to temporarily consolidate polling places.
- Act 13 of 2020 waives the requirement for schools to be in session at least 180 days and provides the Secretary of Education with authority to waive student teacher and standardized assessments.
- PUC Prohibits Utility Terminations During Disaster Emergency: The PUC recently declared an emergency order prohibiting electric, natural gas, water, wastewater, telecommunication, and steam utility terminations. The moratorium will remain in place for as long as the proclamation of disaster issued by Gov. Tom Wolf remains in effect. Click here for more information.
Links to Important Websites: